An exemption exists under Sections 12-14 of the Liquor Act 1992 set out liquor licence exemptions for certain activities.
Businesses selling limited quantities of liquor as part of a floral arrangement or gift basket are exempt where:
- the sale is part of a florist's business or the business of a person selling gift baskets
- the quantity of the liquor is not more than 2L and, if the liquor includes spirits, the quantity of spirits is not more than 1L
- the floral arrangement or gift basket must be delivered as a gift to an adult other than the purchaser of the floral arrangement or gift basket
- the gift is to be delivered to a place other than the business where the sale was made
- the total value of the liquor and the container in which it is supplied is not more than 75% of the gift's sale price
- the liquor was purchased on a retail basis.
More information can be found on the Queensland Government Business Queensland website. Click Here